THE GAZETTE OF INDIA
PART II – SESCTION 3 – SUB SECTION (i)
PUBLISHED BY AUTHORITY
MINISTRY OF LAW AND JUSTICE
New Delhi, the 20th Feb.'03
G.S.R. 114(E). The following order made by the President is published for the general information C.O.192:-
THE SCHEDULED AREAS ORDER 2003
In exercise of the power conferred by sub paragraph (2) of paragraph 6 of the fifth scheduled to the constitution of India, the President here by rescinds the Scheduled Areas (States of Bihar, Gujrat, Madhya Pradesh and Orissa) Order, 1977, in so far as it related to the areas now comprise to the states of Chattisgarh. Jharkhand and Madhya Pradesh and in constitution with the Governors of the States concerned is pleased to make the following Order namely:-
1. (1) This order may be called the scheduled areas (States of Chattisgarh, Jharkhand & Madhya Pradesh) Order, 2003.
(2) It shell come into force at once.
2. The areas specified below are here by redefined to be the Scheduled areas within the states of Chattisgarh, Jharkhand & Madhya Pradesh :-
1. Jhabua district.
2. Mandla district
3. Dindori district.
4. Barwani district.
5. Sardarpur, Dhar, Kukshi, Dharampuri, Gandhwani and Manawar tahsil in Dhar district.
6. Bhagwanpura, Segaon, Bhikangaon, Jhirniya, khargoan and Maheshwar tahsils in Khargoan (West Nimar) district.
7. Khalwa Tribal Development block of Harsud tahsil and khaknar Tribal Development block of khaknar tehsil in khandwa (East Nimar) district.
8. Sailana and Bajna tahsils in Ratlam district.
9. Betul tahsil (excluding Betul Development Block) and Bhainsdehi and shahpur tahsils in Betul district.
10. Lakhnadone, Ghansaur and Kurai tahsils in seoni district.
11. Bihar tahsil in Balaghat district.
12. Kesla Tribal Development Block of Itarsi tehsil in Hoshagabad district.
13. Pusparajgarh, Anuppur, Jaithari, Kotma, Sohagpur and Jaisinghnagar tahsils of Shahdol district.
14. Pali Tribal Development Block in Pali tahsil of umaria district.
15. Kushmi Tribal Development Block in Kusmi tahsil of Sidhi district.
16. Karahal Tribal Development block in Karahal tahsil of Sheopur district.
17. Tamia and jamai tahsils, Patwari circle nos. 10 to 12 and 16 to 19. Villages. Siregaon khurd and kirwari in Patwari circle no. 09, villages Mainawari and Gaulie Parasia of patwari circle no. 13 in Parsia tahsil, village Bamhani of patwari circle no. 25 in Chindwara tahsil, Harai Tribal Development Block and patwari circle nos. 28 to 36,41,43,44 and 45B in Amarwara tahsil. Bichhua tahsil and patwari circle nos. 05, 08, 09, 10, 11, and 14 in Saunsar tahsil, patwari circle nos. 01 to 11 and 13 to 26, and patwari circle no. 12 (excluding village bhuli), village Nandpur of patwari circle no. 27, villages Nilkanath and dhawdikhapa of patwai circle no. 28 in Pandurna tahsil of Chindwara district.
3. Any reference in the preceding paragraph to a territorial division by whatever name indicated shall be construed as a reference to the territorial division of that name as existing at the commencement of this order.
A.P.J. ABDUL KALAM
SUBHASH C.JAIN, Secy.